August 16, 2010

Weekend Updates and Injuries

What a weekend.....

Friday my sister, brother in law and I took these two monsters to wonderland for the day

The day was beautiful, and SO hot. We spend the day riding the rides

Playing the games, and winning toys

And painting faces

At 5:00, my mom picked up two very tired little girls, and C met us for some adult amusement park fun.

I used to live at Wonderland but I must admit it has been a long time since I have gone there and spent the whole day walking the park. Needless to say when I got home Friday night, I took a long hot bath, got a heating pad for my back, fell into bed feeling like death and repeating to myself over and over again that I am WAY too old for this crap.

Saturday was C's grandfather's memorial, so my alarm went off at about 6:40am (not a nice time on Saturday). So I drag myself out of bed, stand up......and almost fall flat on my face. Apparently while dragging myself around Wonderland the day before I managed to pull a muscle right behind my right knee, and I cannot put any weight on it....awesome. I managed to make it through the service (in heels) but I was finding that the pain was getting progressively worse as the day went on. We were supposed to attend a birthday party Saturday night, but the birthday girl decided to cancel. This was alright with me because not only was I exhausted, I also couldn't walk. So C and I grabbed dinner, went to his place to eat and took a four hour nap. We then woke up and watched The Perfect Storm (awesome movie) and he rubbed my leg, helping to work out a huge knot. I can know walk, with minimal pain, so whatever he did, it worked.

Yesterday we had a crazy day weather wise. It was hot and humid, and cloudy then sunny, very confusing. I have always suffered from headaches. Typically they are fine, and I can live with them without medication. Occasionally I will need to lie down for an hour, close my eyes and wait for them to go away. I woke up yesterday with a slight headache, but nothing to be concerned about. I spent most of the morning in bed, recovering from the past 2 days, and finally decided to move at about 4 to get ready to go to a pick up soccer game that was planned that evening. I still had the headache, but it wasn't nearly as bad as any headache I'd had before so I decided I was fine to go. About halfway through the game I was finding that that pain was getting worse and worse, and decided that I probably needed to eat something. At this point there was thunder and lightening, so we collected the boys from the field and headed to McDonald's. I got my food, and it seemed to help for maybe 10 minutes. Then I got the worst headache I have ever had in my life. I don't like using the word migraine, but I honestly think that what I was dealing with is what people who suffer from migraine's deal with. Every time I moved my head I had a wave of nausea, I thought I was going to pass out, and the slightest sound made pain shoot through my entire head. Not fun.

So all in all my weekend was fun, but painful. Hopefully next weekend goes better.

No comments: