August 2, 2010

Day 7: A Photo That Makes you Happy:

This one was hard. I love all of my photos.

I thought about using one of the girls, but it was impossible to narrow it down to one. Same with photo's of C and I. Or my family or friends. Then I thought of this one.....

This is probably the stupidest photo ever, but every time I see it, it makes me laugh.

The photo is of my brother, C and a good friend at the cottage last year. I will admit, the boys in this photo are slightly intoxicated, and for some reason found something (I can't remember what) so funny that they literally could not stop laughing. This scene probably went on for a good 15 minutes, and is probably my favourite cottage '09 memory. Pictures like this make me happy because they not only make me laugh every single time I come across it, but it also reminds me of the good, random times that I have with my friends whenever we get together.

C is downstairs on the phone fighting with the cell phone company, so I can take this time to do a weekend update.

Saturday we went to the drive in with some friends, because they were doing a long weekend special and showing three movies. We saw Grown ups, Salt and Karate Kid. Grown Ups was hilarious. Everyone should go and see this movie. It was not only funny (I mean it had Kevin James AND Adam Sandler...can't go wrong) it also had a really cute girly message to it about relationships and life in general. I found that it was funny but it also made you think.

We all already know my opinion about Salt, so I won't go there again.

We only ended up seeing half of Karate Kid, because C's battery decided to die after the second movie, causing us to call CAA to ger a boost, and making me terrified of turning the car off again, having it die....again...an being stranded at the drive in at 3am. From what I saw it was good, but no different from any other Karate Kid movie ever made. In my opinion it's a rental.

Sunday was spend recovering (I'm not a 3am kind of girl) and not doing much. Those are my favourite kinds of days. The most exciting part of Sunday was that Shark week started! I LOVE shark week. I watch it religiously, making sure I'm home by 8 so I don't miss a thing. Funny thing about this is that I am actually terrified of Sharks, so much so that I refuse to swim in any ocean. So I'm really just scaring myself, but whatever.

Today is technically a holiday in Canada. For those people who work regular 9-5 jobs, like C. For people like me on the other hand, who work a crappy retail job, we are open and expected to work. So I had to drag my butt to work at 8am this morning. But I'm home now, and planning an exciting evening filled with sharks, finishing my book, and fighting with cell phone companies.

Until next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those random moments are definitely the best, especially when you have a photo to remind yourself of them. I totally have a few of those! :o)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love holidays that only certain people get. Not much of a holiday is it? We were so dead at work that I got to leave early!