March 26, 2012
I heart warm weather (even though it is FREEZING today...I'm ignoring it and pretending I'm still in last week)
I heart skirts and ballet flats
I heart skinny jeans and heels
I heart weekly girls night
I heart pretty flowers
Just a quick post to show everyone that I am alive after my little disappearance. I spent the last couple of weeks reflecting and weighing my options but I am back and ready to catch everyone up in the coming weeks.
March 8, 2012
I have skipped quite a few Wedding Wednesdays, and I have lots to talk about, so I figured today I would show you how I did on my March wedding list.
*Bridal Party Gifts: I AM working on it. In fact, I'm going out tonight to make some progress
* Find a Card Box: I did find one, but I need the boy to help me make it. Maybe I will make this one a goal for this week.
* Find perfect hair pieces for MOH and Flower Girls: Still haven't bought the MOH's, still haven't found the girls.
* Find cake serving set: Yes! I used a gift card I got for my shower and picked up a few small essentials. Now I need to get it engraved
* Get Favours filled and wrapped: I did pick them up, and I do have a whole blog post dedicated to how much I love them planned. Candy should be purchased this week and the wrapping will begin!
* Find a Cake Topper: Yup. It's not the one I said I found last month, because in reality that one was FAR too expensive. I actually let the boy pick it as I was standing in front of a million tiny toppers and found it impossible to make a decision. If I didn't let him pick we would probably still be standing there.
* Find a rehearsal dinner dress: I beat the odds and wore my dress to my amazing SURPRISE shower. So now I need to find another dress for the rehearsal dinner.
* Frame my engagement photo: Nope. It's huge and I don't know what I want to do with it yet...
* Find Flower Girl Baskets: Yup. They are adorable and will match their dresses perfectly. Another gift card purchase.
* Decide what to give Chris: I'm working on it. I now have ideas which is a start....right?
* Write Speeches: Again, I'm working on it.
* Work on Slideshow: It's not finished but all the photo's have been scanned and it has a beginning.
* Get marriage License: Nope. This is an absolute MUST for this month.
* Set Ceremony: We have a work in progress.
* Find clips for my hair: Nope. These little clips are proving to be impossible to find. I think I may have to start searching the internet.
* Meet with the DJ: Nope. I haven't even e-mailed him. This is another must
* Find and Print Favour tags: I actually made them and it turned out to be a very successful DIY project. Now I just need to have them printed and I'm ready to go!
* Start Seating Chart: I am so glad I decided to start this as responses are slowly trickling in. It's not easy, and people get moved quite often so I am glad that I will at least have a draft two weeks before the wedding.
* Book room for the Wedding Night: Yup. We now have a place to sleep!
* Get on Honeymoon Planning: We have a game plan and anyone who knows me knows how important a game plan is. We also found the hotel and plan on booking in the coming weeks, so I would say we have made a dent in this!
*Go to My Bachelorette: I have been waiting for this for months. The most important ladies in my life will be coming with me to a chalet for the weekend. I can't wait! I am so looking forward to a stress free weekend spend catching up and taking a well needed break from the craziness of wedding planning.
*Get Everything Printed, Organized and Ready to Go: I have lots of DIY paper projects that need to be printed and organized so that they are easy to set up the day before the wedding
*Finish the Bridal Party Gifts: Ambitious, I know, but it NEEDS to get done. This is something I absolutely cannot leave until the last minute.
*Set Day of Itinerary: Like I said, game plans are important. I need to have one on my wedding day and everyone needs to know it. I REFUSE to be running late.
*Wrap Favours: I do not want to do this in May so it needs to get done this month.
I am actually in fairly good shape. Most of the things that are left are little, so if they get done great, if not oh well. We will see how it all goes!
- This wedding is taking over my room. I'm buried in shower gifts, and shower balloons, and small wedding details. I think by the time May comes around I'm not going to have a place to sleep.
- There are some HUGE changes coming this year (besides the obvious getting married and moving out...) that have me feeling extremely conflicted emotionally.
- I am so unbelievably out of shape it isn't even funny
- I thought this exercise thing was supposed to get easier with time
- I love, love, LOVE getting wedding responses in the mail. It has pretty much become the highlight of my day.
- I'm looking for some new quick, easy and relatively healthy meals that can preferably be made in the slow cooker. Any suggestions???
- I'm also looking for some new blogs to follow. I have found the a lot of my staples have stopped posting completely, and I can't survive a day at work without reading blogs. Who are some of your favourites??
- My poor puppy is sick! Chris is home with him today, and I'm very worried at work.
- Thank you cards are exhausting! I'm about halfway through and I have been writing them every night since Sunday. I'm not looking forward to doing over 80 of these after the wedding.
- Chris and I have a bit of a road trip planned this weekend and I'm very excited
That's it for today. Happy Thursday!!!
March 5, 2012
I will be honest and say I was moderately surprised. I had an idea that it was this weekend, just from all of the suspicious behaviour going on around me, but I was sure it would be Sunday. When the boy told me we had a wedding appointment on Saturday and had to dress up for it I didn't even blink. Then I started to over think it and got more suspicious and decided that I would wear my shower dress just in case. By the time my mom called me on Saturday afternoon and told me I had to go pick up my sick grandmother I had it pretty much figured out.
Either way, my beautiful bridesmaids worked tirelessly for months to plan me the perfect shower and it definitely showed.
The day was amazing! Filled with 40+ of my favourite woman. I (hopefully!) got to have at least a short conversation with everyone there and I was adequately spoiled.
My beautiful mama and sister
Sunday was spent recovering, finding the perfect thank you cards and attempting to write them.
March 1, 2012
..will you go out with me?
I answered with yes.
7 years later the same boy took me away for the weekend. On a very cold January afternoon he convinced me to go skating, and while there he got down on one knee and asked me another very important question...
...Will you marry me?
I again answered with yes.
3 months from now I will walk down the aisle and meet the same boy who has stood by my side for the last decade and promise to love, honour and cherish him for the rest of my life.
Between these big moments have been a million tiny ones. We have laughed and cried. Talked and screamed. Lived and learned. I wouldn't trade any of it. Every single moment has made us the people that we are now and brought us to this place.
So to my wonderful fiance, Happy Anniversary! The last 10 years have been amazing and I'm so excited to see what comes next.