March 1, 2012

A Decade

10 years ago a boy gave me a rose and a teddy bear and asked me what, at the time, seemed like the most important question a boy could ever ask..

..will you go out with me?

I answered with yes.


7 years later the same boy took me away for the weekend. On a very cold January afternoon he convinced me to go skating, and while there he got down on one knee and asked me another very important question...

...Will you marry me?

I again answered with yes.


3 months from now I will walk down the aisle and meet the same boy who has stood by my side for the last decade and promise to love, honour and cherish him for the rest of my life.

Between these big moments have been a million tiny ones. We have laughed and cried. Talked and screamed. Lived and learned. I wouldn't trade any of it. Every single moment has made us the people that we are now and brought us to this place.

So to my wonderful fiance, Happy Anniversary! The last 10 years have been amazing and I'm so excited to see what comes next.

No comments: