August 25, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Father/Daughter Dance

Centerpiece update: There really isn't much to share here. We realized a few days after my first post, when Walmart still hadn't called me back that my sister's best friend works for head office. So I have her looking into it and am now just playing the very-frustrated-bride-patiently-waiting game.

I have been stressing for the last couple of months over the song for my father/daughter dance.

I should start by saying that my relationship with my dad is an interesting one. My mother tells me that we are exactly alike, both immensely stubborn and headstrong, which therefore causes us to clash on many things. Despite that I have been known to fight him to the death over the littlest things (stubborn...I can't help it) I am also a pretty big daddy's girl when it comes down to it. Like I said, interesting.

So, needless to say, I have been having a ridiculously hard time finding a song that I felt related to me and my father. I have listened to probably 50 songs and every single one would warrant the same reaction, it's nice, but I can find something better. So, finally, after weeks of frustration I decided to actually bring my father into it and give him a choice.....
.....now I have too many options and I can't choose.

My mom and I like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIBPC4YUUqY

- Steve Kirwan - My Little Girl
I have no clue how I actually found this song, I just found it in my music list, probably from one of my crazy downloads where I was downloading anything and everything that had to do with daughters. I played it for the first time with my mom and it brought us both to tears, and I still can't get through it. I think it's perfect. My dad.....not so much

He likes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab4VRWX8y1A

-Heartland - I loved her first
Don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful song, and I was considering it for a long time, but I get the feeling that it's a bit overdone....?

I also like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KHAaRxyuQk

-Chuck Wicks - Stealing Cinderella
This one kind of goes with the whole princess themed wedding which mine is becoming. When I first heard it I was SURE it was the one, but now I just don't know

I also stumbled across this one a few months ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq4W68_h6rw

-Taylor Swift - The Best Day
At first my mom wasn't too thrilled with this one, but she called me yesterday after listening to it again and told me that it made her cry and that she really thinks that it could also work. GRR. I think this one describes a father/daughter relationship perfectly, and it's different.

So now I'm totally lost. My dad and I will not give over on our choices, so one of us is just going to have to pick. And in case you haven't noticed...I'm horrible at making decisions.

So yeah, that's where we are. We went from zero songs, to four and are still no closer to making a decision.

What did you dance with your dad too? Are there any other ones that I should consider??

PS- I hope those youtube links actually work. Let me know if they don't

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems like it's a very difficult choice for you and your dad (which I love how you brought him in) so I think it might be better to step away from it for a while. Sometimes its best to step back from a situation, clear your head and then pick it back up when you're ready. Maybe by then a new song will come out that you will love and find to be perfect!