August 3, 2010

Day 8 - A photo that makes you sad/angry



Today has been a bit of a rough day as we found out early this morning that C's grandfather had passed away. I didn't know him all that well but C and him were pretty close, so it's a bit of a difficult time. My day 8 post is going to be short and sweet because there are other things to focus on right now. Hopefully I will still be able to keep this up in what is bound to be a crazy week.

Day 8: A photo that makes you sad/angry:

This is the last photo I have of my uncle before he passed away. It was taken Christmas 2007 (I was shocked to see it had been that long, it really feels like only yesterday). He died about 6 months later.

This man was truly the life of the party. He was never angry or in a bad mood, and always treated those around him even better then he himself would want to be treated. He was fun, loving and friendly to everyone, and I doubt I could find a person that knew him who would be able to utter a bad sentence about him. Even more so, I have learned in recent years that he was the glue that held our family together. He loved family, and did not tolerate hatred, and while he was alive family gatherings were a regular thing in which everyone enjoyed the company of those around them. I won't get into the details and air dirty family laundry, but life in my family has changed dramatically since his sudden death a big reason that pictures like this one upset me.

His expression in that photo describes him perfectly. Although the photo makes me sad because it is obvious that he was taken far too soon, it also makes me pleased to know that he was happy, and the same man that I knew and loved right to the very end.

I will miss you forever

RIP.

P.S I apologize for the ultra sappy post. Tomorrow I will try to be better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always nice looking at pictures of those we have lost. It reminds you of all the good times you shared!