August 20, 2010

Laziness

I'm not even going to try to make an excuse this time. I just haven't been motivated at all to blog.

I have been busy, busy searching for and scanning pictures for a slide show for the wedding. I have some adorable ones of baby C, that I'm trying to talk him into letting me post.

I'm starting to come down from summer, and realize that back to school is just around the corner. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Normally I'm super excited to go back to school (I'm a loser like that), I'm normally stir crazy after a couple of weeks, looking for something to occupy myself, but this year seems to be different. I don't know if my classes just aren't appealing to me, or if I've been on break for so long, I've forgotten what school is like. Really I think I'm nervous going into my last year. As soon as April comes I will actually need to find myself a real job. No more sleeping in until noon, time to grow up. Anyways enough about that, I again have some catching up to do. OH and this is my 100th post! (never, ever thought I would get here). I know most people do something creative to celebrate, but I'm just not that talented. Suggestions are welcome, anything you want me to write about? answer? whatever.

Day 22: A Website: I'm pretty boring. I have three websites, that I visit frequently, Facebook, blogger, and goodreads. Other than that I only look elsewhere for research, or if C tells me to go there.

Day 23: A Youtube video: Look above, I only go in youtube if someone sends me a link. My brother did show me this one yesterday which I thought was cute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee6ieYi7hkM
....I hope that worked

Day 24: I live in a city just outside of Toronto. I can't really say much about it other than that C and I have big plans to move. It's not what it used to be, and I'm actually a bit of a country girl at heart (although I would never give up my high heels and cute summer dresses for jeans and rubber boots). I would love to move to a small town, own a bunch of land and have a huge country house. With horses. And possible pigs because I think they are cute.

Day 25: My Day, in great detail: Are you sure you want to know? I woke up at 7 and got myself ready to go to my sisters to watch the girls. I got into a slight argument with my mom before I left the house (I won't get into it) and had to stop for gas on the way there. I'm not great at getting gas, in fact I pretty much hate it. I picked a shell station which I thought would be fairly easy to get in and out of, and pulled up to a pump, but my gas tank was on the wrong side. Fine, I move, and get to a pump that is pre pay only (this happens to me EVERY time. I swear pumps in which I can go in and pay don't exist anymore) Now I'm pretty annoyed, but I figure I will just put the gas on my debit card and keep the money my dad gave me. Fine. I enter the amount, wrong, so I had to cancel, which takes a lifetime. I finally get it all figured out, get my gas, and try to leave, finding out the the exits from said gas station are only one way.....going the WRONG way. Now I'm fully in a bad mood. I get to my sisters, and lay on the couch, hoping that B, who normally sleeps until about 9 will sleep in today because of the little sleep I had the night before. Nope. Today she decides that 7:50 is a great time to get up. I get both the girls and myself fed and dressed, talk to the bestest on MSN for a bit (she just bought a car! very excited for her) then head out with an old friend, N and newest addition baby B, for a walk to the bank. While out I decide to stop at McDonald's to get a drink for K and myself. We walk home, I say my goodbyes to N and baby B, get in the house, only to find out that I was given coke instead of Diet Coke I can't drink regular, I'm diabetic.) Not my day. I make lunch (mac and cheese) and put B down for a nap (not going to lie, I napped with her. Had a few fights with a 16 year old trapped in a 5 year olds body. Drove home, made dinner for C and I, watched Degrassi, and Say Yes to the Dress, while C fixed my computer which decided it no longer wanted to start about 3 this afternoon, and am now blogging, and getting ready to go home for the night. I've had better days.

And Finally, Favourite Fridays at Jen's blog

This one is probably over done, but I loved the shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella. I found the writing hilarious, especially the situations she got herself into. I could also really relate to her, because I can find any way to justify a purchase. I will literally talk myself into it, using the most ridiculous excuses imaginable.



Another one that I read recently was Marrying Up by Jackie Rose. I got this book for 5 dollars at Chapters, and was actually pretty word about it, but it turned out to be really good. It's about a girl who writes obituaries for a living, who decides to write her own as a therapeutic exercise. She decides from this that marrying rich is the way to solve her problems, which leads her on an hilarious journey with her best friend to find the perfect rich man, which of course leads her to the exact opposite.

I think that's enough for today.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I like the Shopaholic book but I've never heard of the other; I will have to pick it up!

Anonymous said...

I recommend him that youtube video :)