August 12, 2010

Day 17: An Art Piece

I'm not even going to pretend that I'm a person that is interested in Art.

I like photos. My room is covered with pictures of friends, family, my nieces, or C, but nothing artistic. I assume when I get my own house and have more walls to fill I will buy photographs of artistic scenes. I like landscape photos, things like beaches, forests, old cities, sunsets. Here are some examples:

*All photos were found through google. I do not claim to have taken any of them*

I think this is about as artistic as my walls will ever be.

I have a very busy weekend coming up. C and I are taking K and B to Wonderland tomorrow, then we have his grandfather's memorial and a birthday party on Saturday, plus soccer on Sunday, so busy, busy, busy. I'm hoping to keep up with my 30 days of blogging while all of this is going on.

I also managed to finally get out an see Charlie St. Cloud with a good friend on Tuesday. I read the book, and was less than impressed. I found the narration very sporadic, and confusing. Time jumped without any warning, and half the time I was questioning whether the characters were alive or dead. Overall I was pretty disappointed with the book. The movie was 10,000 times better (Zac Efron may or may not have had something to do with that). I found it really different from the book, but for once I thought it was a good thing. It flowed so much better, and just generally made more sense. I teared up several times, but you will recall from my list of 20 favourite things that I enjoy movies that make me cry, so this was a good thing. So for the first time in my life I am going to advise you to simply skip the book and just see the movie.

And I think I have gone on long enough for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually really liked both versions of Charlie St. Cloud. Obviously they need to change things up in the movie version, but I think it brought something different to the table in this case.