I realized Nathan tagged me in this last week and I never did it.
So, seeing as it's Friday, I'm tired and have nothing relevant to blog about, I figured I would do it now.
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." Legitimately tag 11 people!!
11 Random things about me:
1) I am deathly afraid of spiders. I'm not talking like ew that's gross and leaving the room. No. It's like paralyzing. I have been known to stand in the center of the room, with a broom, in a stare down with said little bug and I physically cannot bring myself to kill it. I know I'm 26 years old. I know it's irrational. I can't help it.
2) Speaking of irrational fears, I have a few more. Sharks (well maybe we should just make this the ocean in general because I won't get in it). I could go on
3) I was diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes when I was 8 years old. It's not something I talk about a lot. There's nothing really to talk about, it's become a part of everyday life. I struggled a lot, mostly through highschool, with being "like everyone else" and not needing to watch what I eat or take insulin. Obviously, eventually you need to figure out that your not "like everyone else" and make adjustments accordingly.
4) I have quite a few OCD habits. I am meticulous with my things. I line my books up by height, my movies are in alphabetical order. I like even numbers (for example, if we are making mozzarella sticks, and Chris only makes 5, it drives me crazy...there are 2 of us, so you make 6 or 4...not 5).
5) I would love to own my own business one day
6) I have had the same three best friends since the 9th grade. We have literally been through everything together, and they have become more than friends and are now extended family. Later this year all three of them will be right beside me when I marry Chris.
7) Chris and I will be celebrating our 10th dating anniversary in March
8) I hate cooked carrots but I love raw ones. I also can instantly tell the difference between frozen vegetables and canned ones.
9) I am superstitious, but only over certain things. I won't change the calendar until the first day of the month. I also make everyone I am with stay up for midnight on New Years Eve, including the dog, who I woke up just before it happened.
10) I'm very shy. I normally won't talk to a person until they talk first. But once I get to know you it's pretty hard to shut me up
11) I absolutely LOVE pigs. I think they are the cutest things ever and if Chris would let me I would totally own one.
Now for Nathans questions
1. What was your favorite old Nickelodean tv show? Why?
Not going to lie, I had to google Nickelodean because I haven't watched that channel in years. I found out that they apparently make Degrassi, so I'm going to go with that. Degrassi has been a guilty pleasure of mine since middle school.
2. What was your favorite part of the 90's?
Boy bands. Hands down
3. This question was already asked by Jill but I liked it so I'm keeping it. Why did you start blogging?
My friends and fiance were doing it, so that's really why I started. I was also in University for a writing program and really needed to write as much as possible.
I continue to blog because I need to write, and I also have started to look at my blog as a journal. I am documenting my entire wedding process, which I will probably forget if I didn't.
4. If you had your choice of any vacation destination at this very moment, where would it be?
Venice, Italy. Followed closely by Hawaii and Ireland.
5. Does anybody remember the Pizza Hut clock? You know, the one that would go really really fast that said, "it's always pizza time". 24 hours would go by in five minutes. If you could apply that clock to any part of your life, i.e. work, church, school, etc. what would you apply it to? Why?
I do not remember this clock. I guess I would have to apply it to work, but life already goes so quickly I'm not sure I would want any of it to be gone in 5 minutes.
6. If you could change a few things about yourself what would they be?
I'm actually pretty happy with myself. Sure, like every girl, I'd like to lose a few pounds, but it's not the end of the world if I don't. Other than that, maybe become more forgiving and less judgmental.
7. I love life, life is good is not just a trademark for me, it's a fact. What are you most thankful for in your life?
I could make a very long list. I have a fiance who loves me. Friends who are always there no matter what and a family that would do anything for me.
8. What does the car you drive say about you? Does it say anything at all, or is it just a car?
I don't own a car, so I will get back to you
9. What annoys you the most?
Cockiness. Confidence is one thing. Cockiness is another. It drives me crazy.
10. Do you have any pets? If so, what do you have and why?
He's part German Sheppard and Part Collie, just over 1 years old and the absolute love of my life.
We researched a lot when we decided to make the commitment of a dog. We looked at tons of breeds, but Chris really liked German Sheppard's and I really like Collies.
But really, Chris went to go look at the puppies and pretty much fell in love (I mean who couldn't fall in love with that face)
11. As we begin another year, do you have anything special you're looking forward too?
2012 is a big year for me. We have the wedding, I'm moving out, hopefully starting a new job at some point, so there are lots of things to look forward too.
Here's the part where I'm going to cheat. I've been writing this post since I got up this morning, so I'm pretty much done. SO, I'm going to recycle Nathans questions and I'm going to tag everyone to do it.
Happy Friday everyone!!