July 30, 2010

Day 4 - Favourite Book

I've been thinking about this one all day and I have decided that it is impossible to narrow it down to just ONE favourite book. I read so often, and there are so many good books out there that I can't just state that one book is my ultimate favourite.

One book that I have read recently that I absolutely loved the Audrey Niffenegger 's "The Time Travelers Wife." I know this book got a lot of mixed reviews, but I personally loved it. I found it so interesting, I couldn't put it down. I think I finished it in 3 days because I was constantly reading. It's probably one of the best books that I have read in a long time and that's saying something because I read a lot.

So "The Time Traveler's Wife" is my favourite book at the moment, but it's bound to change as I continue to read. If we are talking classics, the kind of books that I could read again and again and never get bored I have two options.

1) Harper Lee's "To Kill A Mockingbird." I read this book for the first time in grade 10 English and I absolutely loved it. Lee has such a eloquent way of talking such a brutal topic to make in interesting for any reason. I remember reading in the paper about a year ago that schools were talking about banning this novel from the curriculum because of it's content and I was outraged. Covering up the issue is in no way solving it, and banning a classic novel is a crime.

2) Charles Dickens "Oliver Twist." I think I read this book for the first time in highschool for a book report, and only picked it up because it sounded the least boring book on the list......and that was the beginning of an addiction. I love this book. I have read it way too many times to count. I believe I am taking a course next year where I will be required to read it again....and I will....even though I have read it so many times that I could probably stand up and recite it for you. I can't explain why I like this book so much, I just do.

So Day 4 complete. I apologize for not narrowing it down to one book, I did try....but I just couldn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had mixed feelings about Time Traveler's Wife. I thought it was good, but it jumped around so much that most of the time I was confused. The movie version didn't do it complete justice though, as I expected more from it.