July 28, 2010

Day 2 - Favourite Movie

This one is hard. I could probably give you my favourite movie by category.....

I guess my all time favourite movie is Grease

I've seen the movie a bunch of times, I've seen the play, I own the soundtrack. I pretty much grew up with this movie. I remember watching my older sister and her friends sing and dance to the soundtrack at sleepovers when I was WAY too young to understand. When I got a bit older, her, my mom and I used to do a Grease marathon yearly. So I guess its not just the movie that I like, but also the memories that I have surrounding it. I also secretly think that I relate better to that era. The clothes are adorable and the music is fantastic.

Since we are on the topic of movies.....C and I just recently saw Inception and Salt, so I figured I would give you my review of both.

Inception was AMAZING. It was so completely out there, and I was majorly confused for more than half of it, but by the end it all works itself out (kinda) and you are left blown away. I actually came home from watching it last week, and turned on the t.v and saw the preview for it playing. The voice over guy (lol?) states that you should see the movie twice, and I completely agree. There is just so much going on, and you spend so much time trying to sort out what is happening, that I'm sure I missed quite a bit. I think sitting down and watching it a second time would make it even better.

We saw Salt last night. My overall opinion was that it was alright. There was a lot of hype going into this movie, and I think it left me a little disappointed. The action scenes were good, and the storyline kept me guessing and interested, but the ending was weak. I'm not going to give it away, but it is obvious that the producers were anticipating large sales for this film, and wanted to leave their options open for a second one to make the same profits. I'm not a fan of cash grabs like that, and I find that it leaves the viewer with questions.

Overall both movies were good, but if your trying to decide between the two then go see Inception because it was 10,000 times better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard a lot of good things about Inception. I wouldn't see Salt because of Angelina Jolie. I really don't like her, and having to look at her for 2 hours is not a pleasant idea!

canuckitude said...

lol, totally opposite...

Looking at Angelina Jolie for 2 hours couldn't be more pleasureable! lol j/k

Inception was dope.

Salt was good. But I literally just leaned over to Ash with about 30 minutes left and predicted the ending lol... Kind of sad.