February 9, 2012

10 Day Challenge - Day 2 - Songs

I like to consider myself pretty musically diverse.

I grew up listening to oldies with my parents, then I got a taste of the 80's and early 90's from sharing a room with my sister for the better part of 10 years, by that point I was old enough to be entering my gawky boyband period and developing my own tastes.

I don't really have a specific "taste" in music. You will find me listening to and liking anything from rap to country.

Music is important to me. I use it to remember things. I associate memories, good or bad, with certain songs. There are songs that can put me in a good mood no matter what, there a songs that make me want to get up and dance, there are songs that I can't bring myself to listen to.

So naturally, I put a lot of thought into this topic, and I think I have narrowed it down.

1) Brad Paisley - "Then" - If you have been following my blog for a while, you know that I was having an impossible time choosing our wedding song. I would find a song I loved and then I would either find a flaw in it, or another one would come along that I liked better. Chris and I do have a "song" but it is one that I felt was over done, especially at weddings (granted, the first time we danced to it was AT a wedding), and I wasn't really feeling it. The minute I heard "Then" I knew this was the song. Chris and I have been together for almost 10 years, so we have been dating longer than some couples stay married. We have been through so much together and I love how this song explains that. I also love how it gives the message that love grows stronger with time. I knew this song was Chris and I from the moment I heard it and I cannot wait to be dancing with him to it in a couple of months.

2) Black Velvet - I know, odd choice. I told you I was musically diverse. There's really no emotional meaning to this song. There were a million with meaning that I could have picked, but I went all sentimental with choice number one, so I figured I'd go a little different with this one. This song has been remade by a bunch of different people, but I have the Tanya Tucker version on my MP3 player. Like I said, no real significance, it's just one of those songs that I have to blast and sing at the top of my lungs every time I hear it.

Happy Thursday everyone!!

No comments: