October 3, 2011

Television Tuesday

I know, I know, I missed last week. You should be used to my crazy, sporadic blogging by now!

It's two weeks after the launch of fall T.V and our PVR is full. I seriously don't have enough hours in my day to keep up.

Two weeks ago I wrote about my excitement for Glee

We are only two weeks in (week three tonight!) and it is already miles better than last season. The storyline is better, the music is better, pretty much everything is better. Way to go to the Glee production crew for deciding to go "back to the basics."

I also told you about Unforgettable

I have only watched week one (week 2 and 3 are PVR'd....Again, not enough time in my day!) and I have to say that so far I'm not impressed. It's pretty much the same cookie cutter crime show that I can get anywhere, and honestly CSI does it better. I found myself bored during the first episode, but vowed to give at least the second week a chance, so I will, although I see this being the first one to go when I re-evaluate my television line up.

Some shows that I didn't talk about but have caught my attention are

Twin sisters Bridget and Siobhan (both played by Gellar) have been at odds for the last six years and find that their lives are both unraveling at the same rate. Bridget, a recovering addict and ex-stripper, is on the run from the mob after witnessing a murder. She flees to her twin sister Siobhan's home. The sisters seem to be repairing their broken relationship until Siobhan mysteriously disappears overboard during a boat trip the sisters take together. Bridget soon discovers her sister's seemingly perfect life is full of secrets after she is attacked in Siobhan's future apartment. (From Wikipedia)

First of all, I'm a HUGE Sarah Michelle Geller fan, from way back in her Buffy days, so that in itself caught my interest, but the show is also really good. I spend most of the time trying to figure out what is going on, and anticipating what is going to happen (which I like). It is quickly becoming my favourite new fall show.

I also look forward to

Umm....Hilarious. The casting department hit a home run with Zoey Deschanel as Jess. She is perfect for that role, bringing the right amount of quirkiness and personality. This was one show that wasn't really on my radar, but I find myself doubled over with laughter every week, making it a definite must see.

And topping my disappointment list this week is:

The trailers for this show had me so excited. It looked hilarious, perfect for couples who are either new to parenting or close to it.

Unfortunately it's not working for me. I just don't get it. Most of the time I find it really awkward. Like last week when they were practically stalking their brand new neighbours. Why? Is there something I'm missing? Am I just having problems relating because I don't have kids yet? Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing this one lasting long.

Those are my opinions so far. What do you think??

No comments: