November 4, 2010

Halloween Weekend Update

So I blogged here about my um....LOVE for the Halloween season, and how I was doing everything in my power to be a total b!tch about buying a costume.....And then I never gave a recap! So here goes!

Friday I went to Halloween Haunt with C, my brother, his Girlfriend and some friends. For those of you that don't know Halloween Haunt is something that our local amusement park Wonderland hosts every year. The park opens at 7 and stays open until about midnight and they have a bunch of haunted houses set up throughout (This year there were about 10). The rides also stay open so there are tons of things to do. I'm not a fan of being scared, so I normally make a fuss about being forced to go but I always lose, suck it up and go anyway....this year was no different. I have to admit (and this will be held against me) that I actually had fun this year. It was cold, but not freezing (like last year) and we did a good mix of houses and rides so I didn't have to suffer to much. I have also made a great system for dealing with these things: I plant myself in between C and one other person (this year my brother's GF, the lovely pinkbilly was the winner) and I refuse to give the actors any reaction that will force them to come after me. This worked fairly well, I messed up once when I didn't see the guy in the corner so he jumped in my face. I, of course, screamed Oh My God and he, of course, chased me. Other than that I survived to suffer for another year.

Saturday was costume day! I can't say I was the most pleasant person to buy a costume, declaring several times that I was not buying one, giving up, or that I was missing Vampire Diaries for this, but in the end (thanks to C) we found something. Saturday we headed to a pup with my sister, her husband, my brother and his girlfriend. Pictures tell the story better so here they are:

C and I all decked out in '80's wear. My mom has no clue how to use my camera so this is the best photo that I have of the two of us
My brother attacking Miss Pinkbilly (He was Teen wolf)
My awesome shoes. I think from now on I'm going to make sure my costume comes with a new wonderful pair of shoes. Makes Halloween so much more fun!
My baby brother and big sister. Older but never grown ups!

Sunday we spent the evening taking these monsters trick or treating

Monday officially marked the end of Halloween/fall and the beginning of Christmas!

I'm not kidding, the fall candles are away and the Christmas ones are coming, I'm ready for Christmas music and if it were up to me the house would be decorated. Bring on MY favourite time of the year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes! Especially Teen Wolf! Great idea!