November 23, 2010

Black Friday

So that trip that I was hypothetically talking about here has arrived. We leave tomorrow and head to Detroit until Thursday, then off to Pennsylvania, and finally Buffalo, arriving home on Sunday. I'm not going to lie, I suffer from slight travel anxiety. I don't like to venture outside of the box I have created for myself at home (unadventurous I guess). I worry. I have spent the better part of the last month worrying. I worry about getting sick, C getting sick, getting lost, getting robbed, getting stuck, the border....pretty much anything that one can worry about. Good thing C is starting me out slow and not forcing me on a plane.....don't even want to think about the kind of stress that would cause.

As all of this worrying has been moving through my mind and new issue has developed....Black Friday.

Here in Canada we have boxing day and I used to LOVE boxing day shopping. Great deals and lots of fun. The last couple of years my opinion has changed. We still go out but the crowds, lines and craziness all bother me.

From what I have heard boxing day does not hold a candle to Black Friday. I'm terrified. I have heard several horror stories from many people. I have spent the better part of the last couple of weeks deflecting claims about my craziness for even attempting to shop on this day. C isn't phased, he's actually really excited and talking about fighting the crowds for a t.v......are you kidding me?

So I have to ask. Is it honestly that horrible? or are Canadians blowing this whole event way out of proportion. Please be honest, I can take it.

1 comment:

Miss Chelsea said...

It's pretty crazy, but depends on where you go! Some stores will have lines starting at midnight when they dont even open until like 4am, and they wrap around the outside of the store! Then when the doors get opened it's a mad rush...

but it's so fun ha!