June 8, 2010

A little bit of Everything

Like usual, this post is going to be scattered, and probably long. Just giving you early notice.

Let's start with the weekend (I'd like to point out the the update is coming early, and I am slightly patting myself on the back).

This weekend was the first quiet weekend that I have had in what feels like forever. I really don't have a whole lot to say about it.

Saturday I worked from 9-6. I don't know if I have mentioned my crappy retail job yet. There really isn't a whole lot to describe other than I hate it more than anything else in the world and I am counting down the days to graduation when I can quit! So yeah, 9-6 at said job, working customer service, is enough to drive anyone nuts, meaning that Saturday night involved me putting on comfy clothes, renting movies with C and watching them cuddled in bed. We rented Valentines Day and Wolfman. Valentines Day was decent. I thought it could have been MUCH better given it's huge cast, but all in all it was cute.

Wolfman.......
....I fell asleep after about 10 minutes. So I couldn't tell you.

Sunday was a bit more busy. I had a really nice day with my mom. Me and her get along really well, but with me in school, working two jobs (technically), planning a wedding and maintaining an active social life, along with the fact that she owns and operates her own business, means that time spent together is sometime very spread out. We took my eldest niece K for her dance pictures (so cute! pictures will be posted as soon as I get them), went to Costco to pick up some pictures and then went home for Barbeque with my daddy. After that I met C and some friends for a pick up soccer game (I did not play, and actually wore the cutest blue and white high heels to the game to make sure I didn't have to).

Like I said, it was a well needed, nice, quiet weekend.

Other than that, C and I have seen some movies that I have yet to review.

Last weekend we Saw Shrek. Before I start, I need to mention that I LOVE this series. I normally fin myself leaving the theater in tears because I have been laughing so hard. This one....not so much. I was actually REALLY disappointed. I don't know if the characters have gotten old, or if the writers have run out of funny material but it just wasn't up to it's normal standards in my opinion. I can think of maybe two moments when I was laughing hysterically (I won't ruin it) and that's about it. The rest of the time I was sitting there hoping (praying....begging....) that it would get better, and it just never did. We also did not see it in 3D. Maybe that makes a difference??

We also went on a triple date with friends to see Prince of Persia. This was the complete opposite of Shrek. I did not want to see it AT all. I was mad that i was being dragged to yet another movie that I had no interest in. Well I'm am officially apologizing to C and my brothers girlfriend, pinkbilly, because this movie was awesome. It was like Pirates of the Caribbean in Persia. Lots of action, good storyline and of course a love story (that gets me every time). If you like the Pirates series then you will like this one, so go see it.

Other than the endless movie updates, I just took the cutest photo that I thought I would share

How cute is she?

B decided to become a mini homeboy for the day (no, I did not pose her like this). I feel like the more time I spend with these two, the more I realize that they are growing up SO fast. K is graduating from kindergarten in a matter of weeks. I feel like it was just yesterday when she was two days old and I was walking her all over the house, begging her to go to sleep. I just want to push pause and keep them this way forever (I can guarantee that my sister wholeheartedly disagrees)

But anyways, I'm getting sappy, I think that's enough of the random posts for today.

No comments: