December 1, 2009

Songs

So I have failed miserably at posting more often. I suck. I'm sorry.

In better news I am officially on Christmas break one week from today! Hopefully my blogging will get better when I'm not stuck in exam hell!

Anyways, A few weeks ago, Christine over at Lost in Transition (I really hoped that worked....it's the first time I tried it without C's help) posted a couple of weeks ago about her and her hubby's wedding song, which got me thinking.

I am finding it SO hard to narrow down any music for my wedding. C and I seem to change our song almost daily (ok so it's definitely more me...).

We do have an official "song" which is Shania Twain's "When You Kiss Me" but to be quite honest I don't even remember why it is our song. I really think we just picked it one day when we were in the car.

We also have a song that we danced to the first time, which is Trisha Yearwood's "How Do I Live," but of course I'm a picky bride who wants to be "original" and I think that song is way overdone (We actually danced to it for the first time AT a wedding!)

And then there are songs that I just like, and there are so many of them! For example Big and Rich "Lost in This Moment", "Paul Brandt "I Do", Savage Garden "Truly, Madly, Deeply", Elvis (Yes Elvis, we both grew up with a WIDE range of music) "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" and the list seriously continues (I could list several Backstreet Boy contenders....I mean come on they were my childhood!.....but I highly doubt C would agree, so I won't bother). How do you choose?!?

Seeing as I'm on the topic of wedding music, I also want one of those fun reception entrances where the Bridal Party (who I do fully intend to introduce to all of you wonderful bloggers one day) comes out to a different song (I also want them to dance and do something fun, maybe give them a 30 second window, but am not entirely sure that all of the BP will be on board....another post for another day!). But again, song choosing issues! I think that I should leave it up to the BP to pick their own song (with me obviously holding some level of vito power) C, on the other hand, thinks that we should pick the songs and just tell them what they are coming out too.

Decisions, Decisions.....

What was Your Wedding Song, and how did you choose? And what do you think about fun reception entrances?

3 comments:

Ella Everywhere said...

Speaking as an "outsider" of course, I think lettting your BP pick their own songs is a good idea :)

As for the 30 second window, that probably depends on your BP and each of their individual personalities, but it could be fun

I don't think it really matters if a wedding song is very cliche or not, if it represents you guys as a couple or your relationship then that's a good song

Anonymous said...

I think it would be cute to have the bridal party coming out to their own chosen song. I think I know what group I'd choose :)

You guys have lots of time to choose what song you want. I'm sure it will change a lot between now and then. You should start making a list of the songs you want, that way you'll be able to narrow it down later.

canuckitude said...

lmao, I am so getting a Heavy Metal DJ or one that doesn't know who the Backstreet Boys are :P j/k

Anyways, I don't necessarily think we should choose the songs and rule with an iron fist. There's certain songs that I have off the top of my head that would fit with certain people. Like for example, my Best Man (Dubbya) should come out to Staying Alive. If you get the joke, then you totally know why! :)