December 5, 2011

Long weekend recap!

I'm back from my relaxing 4-day stay at home vacation!

We started it on Thursday by sleeping in (until after 11....heaven!) then getting up and heading out to grab some lunch. After that we hit some stores to check out invitations (this turned out to be very unsuccessful...I'm picky and didn't like anything I saw) and then went to see a matinee of Hugo.

I will admit that this was 100% Chris' pick. I had no idea what Hugo was, and when I was told it was 3D, I was even more disappointed. I find that 3D movies don't agree with me (unless they are really well done, like Avatar) they give me headaches and if the 3D is really crappy (*COUGH...My Bloody Valentine....*COUGH) I become nauseous. It's not fun.

Anyways, back to the point at hand....Hugo was AMAZING! The 3D was really well done, not overly blatant and there was never pointless objects flying in your face just because the director saw a good opportunity to show of his 3D abilities.

The story was even better. I'm not going to give anything away, but if you have the chance go see this movie.

The movie was actually fairly long so even though we entered in daylight, by the time we left it was dark, so we figured we should go home and spend time with the puppy. The rest of the evening was spent cuddling with my boys, catching up on the PVR and finishing my Christmas cards so they could go out on Friday. I also ordered my guestbook (more on that Wednesday) and found invitations from a site online that I loved and were a price I am willing to pay. I have a few details to work out, but hopefully they can be ordered sometime in the next week.

Friday we decided to get up early to accomplish the list of things that we failed to get done on Thursday (somehow lunch and a movie was so much more appealing than running an endless list of errands). We started by grabbing breakfast (gotta eat!) then ventured to Sears to work on our gift registry. We got a lot done on it, and I think the rest of it I can finish online. Working on the registry is fun, but I still find it so overwhelming. Who can remember what you have previously scanned? And the sales rep is a tad bit persistent and keeps sending us off in different directions. Needless to say I'm glad that process is over.

After that we went to pick up Miss. B and take her to Chapters for some Christmas gift ideas (very successful here, I picked up her gift at Walmart on Sunday), we had lunch while C got his hair cut. Then we dropped her off and hit some sport store. After that I met Mommy for dinner, a nail appointment, and a meeting to get a quote on bridesmaid dress alterations (this wasn't quite so successful, I don't think we will be going there). After a very busy day I went back to Chris' for another quiet evening catching up on the PVR.

Saturday was one of my favourite days of the whole year. We got up and met my family for lunch and then took off to go cut down our Christmas tree!

This is something we have been doing for 20 years, so pretty much as long as I can remember and I absolutely love it. It just wouldn't be Christmas for me without a real tree. I love coming into the house to the scent of fresh pine. I love tracking through the snow (although not this year) and watching the boys cut down the tree, and then going back to the chalet for hot apple cider.

My baby all ready to find a tree

Tree Cutting

Me and my boys

The family

We then headed to a crazy mall so Chris could buy a T.V stand for a T.V he doesn't have yet. Then it was nap time, tree hunting is hard work!

Yesterday was a bit of a lazy day. We visited Chris' grandma, and met his family for dinner to celebrate my future sister in law's birthday. Then it was home for football and, you guessed it, more PVR. A Good way to end a busy weekend.

It was a well needed break. I got a lot accomplished and I also got to spend some time with my fiance which is always nice.

Hope everyone else had an awesome weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love real trees! I wish we had one, as a kid I always did. One of these years we'll go with a real one again. You're right, the smell is great.