February 8, 2011

Exciting News!!

This weekend I checked a big item off of the wedding list. I bought my dress!!!!!

I was talking to my mom about a month ago about dressed and what exactly I was looking for. This, of course, got me searching endlessly on the internet for dress inspirations. I stumbled across a picture of a dress and fell in love (I can't post pictures because C does occasionally frequent this blog). I e-mailed a bridal shop close to my house that carried the dress and inquired about the price (I do have a budget and I wasn't willing to put a dress on that was ridiculously above it) and lucky me the price was perfect!

So three Sundays ago my mom, sister and I went to try on the dress at the salon I had been in contact with. They didn't have the dress! Apparently me contacting them and asking about the price of a specific dress and only making an appointment after I got it does not indicate that I wanted to try that specific dress on.

We had already driven out there so I did try on other dresses, but it was obvious that I wasn't going to buy anything because my heart was still set on the dress I had seen on the internet.

So we left empty handed and I contacted another place, a little further, that also claimed to carry my dress. This time I was smart and made them guarantee that if I made an appointment and came in that they would 100% have a sample of the dress for me to try. They did and this Sunday my mom, sister and I headed out.

I tried on three dresses before THE dress, and thought I was screwed (for lack of a better word) because I liked two of them exactly the same. We finally got to the dress that I had seen, and I put it on and honestly (not to sound cliche) knew. I love this dress. I was even more confident when I came out of the change room and my sister burst into tears (keeping in mind this was probably the tenth or eleventh dress she had seen me in).

So I found my dress!! I'm very excited. Now the hard part is going to be waiting until November to put it on again!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding the dress!

Nicole said...

It's easy once you have the dress... and I know I cried when I finally found mine... LOL

Made me think of the whole "World Peace" answer (from beauty contests)... LOL

Anonymous said...

So exciting!