March 7, 2011

The Things I have Learned While Planning my Wedding....

1. EVERYONE has an opinion. They all think that their opinion is the best and they will share it whether you ask them to or not. Then you get this blank stare like you were expected to bow at their feet and thank them endlessly for this information that you could not have possibly lived without.

2. Because of the above, the first thing you should learn to do is convincingly nod and smile while tuning people out

3. Weddings, in some aspects, are like funerals (morbid, I know) and they will cause family drama.

4. Simple things are really complicated for some people. Unfortunate, but true

5. The words "why didn't I elope" will run through your mind at least once a month.

6. Planning a BIG, princess, Cinderella wedding is not nearly as much fun as you imagined it to be when you were 6

7. You can waste an entire day looking at pretty bride and bridesmaid dresses and have no clue what happened

8. The above is very dangerous when trying to complete an University degree.

9. Photographers are annoying

10. Bridesmaids are awesome (I'm not just saying that because my bridesmaids read this. They really are awesome. I recommend having as many as you can find)

11. There will NEVER be enough money

12. Long engagements? Over rated

I think that's it for now. Due to some unexpected wedding drama last night, I'm a little annoyed. This made me feel better.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Don't get stressed out. Seriously it isn't worth it. The wedding is just one day, the marriage is a lifetime. And in the end, it is your wedding.