January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011 everyone!

I need to start by wishing the bestest a (late) happy birthday! Her birthday was yesterday, and even though I'm late here, I did wish her a happy birthday once in person, once through text and once on facebook, so I think I'm forgiven (I think).

Secondly, I figured I could embarrass myself by telling you all about my stupid moment of the week. We all know I have been on break from school for Christmas. A couple of weeks ago, I had to give my boss my new school schedule, so I checked my syllabus for Monday's class and saw that my first day back was the 10th, so (naturally) I figured that was the first week of classes and told her to start my new schedule again. Monday night, I'm having a good night with C, relaxing and watching the hockey game when my cell beeps informing me that I have a facebook notification from one of my school friends, which reads "so how much do you not want to go tomorrow." Cue immediate panic.....we don't have class tomorrow.....do we? Yeah we did. Me in my stupidity, didn't realize that Monday was technically a holiday to make up for the stat falling on a Saturday, so yes the university was closed on Monday, but no that did not mean that I automatically got the rest of the week off. Not a fun way to start the semester.

So how was everyone's new years?

C and I had a quiet one this year, but it was nice. Because we had Brady, and we weren't really comfortable leaving him at home all night, we decided it was a good night for pizza and movies. So that's what we did. The Bestest and her mom came over for a bit to meet Brady, and C and I watched easy A, then a bunch of television specials, and finally finished the evening off with Scene It on Xbox. Oh and we of course did this.

Sad to say but yes we have become "those" people. We get enjoyment out of putting cute hats on the puppy.

Other than that it was a quite weekend spend mostly with the person I love most, and a quick shopping trip with the bestest on Monday to find a dress for C's holiday party this weekend, which I will show you if I find the energy to take a picture, otherwise the reveal will come after the party.

1 comment:

Ella Everywhere said...

I'm sure she greatly apprechiates all the wishes :)

That does suck about school though!