October 25, 2010

Weekend Recap

I'm procrastinating on studying for a midterm that I have tomorrow, so I thought I would give my weekend recap on time this week.

Friday we went to D&C's wedding. This was the final wedding of the wedding season for C and I, and as far as I know we don't have another one to attend until our own in 2012 (unless one of my friends decides to up and randomly get married one day.....??)

The wedding was beautiful and we had a fantastic time. I love getting dressed up and going out for a night of dancing with C. It's not something we get a chance to do very often, so when we do I always enjoy it.

C and I. I wore the same dress that I wore to SM's wedding, because after trying on 3 dresses and letting my mom and C vote, this one won unanimously. I think C may have been a little biased because he bought a new purple shirt specifically to match me in this dress.

The lovely couple, happily married.

Cake

Centerpieces.

It was a great way to conclude our 2010 wedding season. Big congrats to D&C!

Saturday was a day to recover. C made me the ribs and roasted garlic potatoes for dinner (sooo good!). I honestly don't know what I will do with myself if this boy ever stops cooking for me. I would probably starve do to my total lack of kitchen abilities. Anyways, I meant to take a picture of this fantastic meal so that I could show you all.....but I was hungry....and realized that I forgot to do so, about halfway through eating it. So no pictures, you will just have to trust me that it was one of the best meals I have ever had.

After dinner we went out to rent Night of the Demons, How to Train your Dragon, and 30 Days of Night part 2. We only managed to make it through Night of the Demons, which was really dumb. Not a great storyline, bad acting and way to much gore. I'm not a fan of scary movies, and I'm pretty much a huge wimp while watching them (seriously, C put on about 5 minutes of Friday the 13th part 4, and it gave me nightmares) so if your horror film doesn't scare me then you can pretty much assume you didn't do it right. Night of the Demons didn't scare me at all, more just used the gore factor for shock value, something I'm also not a fan of. I'll keep you posted on my thoughts of the other two as we watch them.

Yesterday was my mommy's birthday. So we had the family over for Chinese food, cake and presents. I was busy eating, and helping my sister (with the broken wrist) serve and clean so there are no pictures.

So that was our very busy weekend. I feel like it flew by, and after looking at my calendar, I realized that all of our weekends from now until Christmas are pretty much exactly like this one. Is it possible to take a vacation from life?

No comments: