January 22, 2010

I have a Bridesmaid Dress!

...No not for my wedding...lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I have mentioned in the past that I have been asked to be a bridesmaid for a friend of mine (V) wedding. The wedding is May 1st, 2010, and V is a little less organized than I am. The wedding is now close to three months away and we only ordered our dresses on Sunday, they will arrive, unaltered, the beginning of April, leaving us only about three weeks for alterations. Needless to say, I would be panicking, and I plan on learning from this experience and leaving myself lots of time. But V apparently works better under pressure and is not worried at all.

Anyways, back to the topic on hand. Actually ordering the dress has made me much more excited for this wedding. I guess now that I actually have a dress to wear makes it all more real.


So this is the closest image of our actual dress that I can find.

The top is slightly different, and ours has straps, and the colour is Lilac, not gold.

A far as bridesmaid dresses go, I actually really like them. They are pretty, the top is fitted so it sucks in all the problem areas that drive me crazy on a daily basis. The colour I'm slightly concerned about, only because I am so deathly pale, I fear wearing Lilac may make me sick.

But all in all I am happy with V's decision.

No comments: